Promosis has been providing US Sweepstakes Administration services for over 25 years.
One of the core services we provide to our clients – US Sweepstakes Administration – ensures their sweepstakes are effective, logical, and legal, whether the promotion is running in one state or the entire US, including the District of Columbia.
US Sweepstakes Administration Services include the following:
- Write Official Rules (often referred to as Terms & Conditions) to ensure the campaign is properly developed, clearly communicated to and understood by all participants, and legally compliant
- Review of all materials, copy and layout provided by the client or its Agency (including, but not limited to presentation decks, web, email, and print collateral) for maximum effectiveness and technical accuracy, and provide all necessary disclaimer and disclosure statements relevant to the pieces intended to be published
- Determine winners and alternates in accordance with the Official Rules
- Notify the preliminary sweepstakes winners
- Utilize our online Prizewinner Portal™ to efficiently and securely:
- Provide and collect Affidavits of Eligibility to winners of significant-value prizes
- Obtain prize fulfillment details
- Provide and collect Publicity/Liability of release to winners
- Issue an IRS FORM 1099-MISC to prize winners for the tax year that the prize was received (if the prize is valued over $600)
- Provide to Client the completed Publicity/Liability releases once they have been received by the Vendor
- Submit a verified sweepstakes winners list when and where required
- Indemnify the client against potential legal issues caused by Promosis error or oversight
In some cases, Florida and New York require promotion sponsors to obtain sweepstakes surety bonds and file the sweepstakes with the appropriate state government department. Other states, such as Rhode Island, Vermont, Michigan and others have other sweepstakes regulations that, if missed, can result in the Sponsor being assessed with a significant fine. Promosis efficiently and professionally manage all aspects of this process.
Of course, you’re not limited to run your sweepstakes in only one state – a typical US sweepstakes may include all US States.
For information on Sweepstakes in Canada, go here: Canada Sweepstakes